For all those of you with a Linux/cPanel based hosting plan with Softaculous installed – take note that Softaculous has announced the launch of Softaculous 4.1.7 on 18th December. This version has several new features and a few bug fixes:
1) Added a feature for the admin to upgrade multiple applications from the admin panel. (Note : At the moment this is possible for scripts which don’t require manual intervention during upgrade).
2) Added support for installing scripts on IDN domains. (NOTE : This will require updating scripts packages, which will updated regualarly by the end of the February.)
3) The Admin Update software page has been improved. Now only those scripts are sent to the update queue, which require an update. (Previously all the scripts were sent to the update queue.)
4) Now additional “Email To” option on install page will not be displayed if admin has disabled the setting “Turn Off all Email to Endusers” from the Softaculous Admin Panel.
5) On the scripts “Overview” page and “List Software” page release date of the scripts version will be displayed.
6) Improved the Softaculous packaging API.
7) Bug Fix : While editing an installation details, Softaculous was not accepting special characters for MySQL database password. This is fixed now.
8) Bug Fix : Update email notification for scripts was not sent in ISP. This is fixed now.
9) Bug Fix : In cPanel Native UI mode cPanel’s HOME button was leading to 404 error. This is fixed now.
10) Bug Fix : Scripts search was not working in ISP Panel. It is fixed now.
11) Bug Fix : In the Softaculous Admin Panel -> Software selection page, while selecting the “Check All” checkbox, all scripts were not selected. This is fixed now.
12) Bug Fix : Username was set to random string even when certain scripts required a particular admin username. This is fixed now.
13) Bug Fix : In case of Multi version scripts, while importing child installation it could be imported multiple times. This is fixed now.
14) Bug Fix : While deleting the backup, backup information file for backup was not deleted. This is fixed now.
15) Bug Fix : On software page in Admin panel scripts count was showing wrong. It is fixed now.
16) Bug Fix : While configuring files Softaculous was providing default permissions instead of the one specified in Softaculous Admin panel.
17) Bug Fix : Softaculous category was not displayed in CleanPanel theme. It is fixed now.
The Admin Update feature is probably the most prominent one here. For shared hosting users it makes maintenance a bit easier; and for those of us managing the servers – it makes things a bit more secure. “Softaculous 4.1.7 has added Auto Upgrade feature which will allow Admins to Upgrade their users outdated installations from Softaculous Admin panel.” said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. “This feature was much awaited and took quiet long because it required modifications in the Softaculous structure.”
Server admins, please make sure you update your Softaculous install to the latest version. Shared hosting users – contact your tech support department and ask for the update.