Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies application deployment across various hosting platforms, has announced the release of Softaculous 4.2.5 earlier this week. This version has several new features which includes support for installing plugins of a script from the install form, Import/Export of Softaculous settings, various bug fixes, and much more. I have outlined the new changes introduced with Softaculous 4.2.5 below:
1) Improved the API to support the installation of Plugins, themes, etc of a script via Softaculous. Admin can also control these settings to enable, change default values, etc shown on the install form to end-users.
2) Check HTTPS connection: If user selects to install a script on the https protocol, Softaculous will display a warning to the user if a Trusted SSL certificate is not found on the domain.
3) Import/Export settings: You can import/export the Softaculous admin settings from a server and replicate the settings. Note: This is available only for cPanel at the moment.
4) Detect real version: Admin can now determine the real version of installation(s) and update Softaculous records from Softaculous Admin panel -> Installations (These records become outdated in the case a user updates their installation manually).
5) Softaculous ACL plans will now be sorted alphabetically by default.
6) Bug Fix : Made changes to get correct number of existing databases in cPanel for compatibility with WHM 11.38+
7) Bug Fix : Added validation for Table prefix to allow only alphanumeric characters and underscores.
8) Bug Fix : The Group order for Softaculous Apps category in cPanel was not saved 1st time when set from Softaculous Admin panel -> Select Top Scripts. This is now fixed.
9) Bug Fix : Language files were missing for Sign In page in a few languages for Softaculous Remote and Softaculous Enterprise. This has been fixed.
10) Bug Fix : Backup download option did not work on ISP Systems. It is fixed now.