As we reach towards the end of 2017 the concern for our online security & personal privacy grows greater than ever. Hacking attacks like the recent Equifax breach, coupled with personal attacks such as the WannaCry attacks, are enough to have everyone on edge about their online privacy & security. A great way to start to ensure your online safety is to become aware of the various types of tricks that hackers & spammers employ – especially when it comes down to phishing.
KnowBe4, the provider of the world’s most popular security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, puts out quarterly reports which showcase the most popular & the most clicked phishing email subjects. Knowing these can be a surefire way to make sure you don’t get tricked into opening an email you never should have opened.
For the 3rd quarter of 2017, the top 10 clickable phishing email subjects are:
- Official Data Breach Notification
- UPS Label Delivery 1ZBE312TNY00015011
- IT Reminder: Your Password Expires in Less Than 24 Hours
- Change of Password Required Immediately
- Please Read Important from Human Resources
- All Employees: Update your Healthcare Info
- Revised Vacation & Sick Time Policy
- Quick company survey
- A Delivery Attempt was made
- Email Account Updates
For a detailed breakdown of the KnowBe4 report, go here. You can also check out their infographic which sums up their findings: