When it comes to running Facebook ads – you’re cost-per-click used to factor in actual engagements such as likes & shares across the Facebook network – however this doesn’t really help anyone’s ROI and personally it has bothered me since about 2012. Luckily Facebook has announced this week that they’ve changed how CPC is measured – taking comments, shares and likes out of the equation. From this point on CPC will apply only to the following:
- clicks to visit a website
- Call-to-action clicks that go to a website
- Clicks that install an app
- Clicks that go to a Facebook canvas app
- Clicks that view a video on another website
Now whether you’re paying for engagement or for clicks this change is sure to help everyone’s budgets because, trust me, you’re all spending a little bit extra. This change will automatically go into effect on you’re account – so nothing is required on you’re end.