Reviews are a great way to make sure your business stands out on Google, and Google just changed the game. Verified Customer Reviews lets your users leave a review directly after making a purchase from your website. These reviews then go to grow your overall review rating on Google, as well as your seller rating – and that goes a long way. Your seller rating has the ability to be showcased within your Google AdWords ads, which can boost your ads’ click through rate by up to 10%.
Google collects these reviews by asking customers to opt-in to receive an email survey once they complete their purchase. To get yourself started collecting verified customer reviews follow the steps outlined by Google below:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account (or sign up if you do not have an account).
- Select “Merchant Center programs” from the dropdown in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click “Get Started” in the Google Customer Reviews card and accept the Program Agreement.
- Add the survey opt-in code to your website.
- [Optional] Add the badge code to your site wherever you want. This will make the badge appear on your site, allowing you to display your seller rating and show customers that you’re integrated with Google Customer Reviews.