The color palette creator will generate 10 shades of the base color, located top-left, at varying degrees of opacity. The top row emulates opacity over a white background, the bottom over black (or colors of your choosing as of v1.4). The opacity values are 100% opaque, 75%, 50%, 25% and 10% on the top row. The bottom row begins at 85% rather than 100% and continues on as the first.
How to use it:
- Type a valid six character hexidecimal value in the text box above and hit the “ok” button.
- Click the “random base” color to get a randomly generated base color.
- Click any of the color swatches to set it as the new base color.
- Select any color from the “Base History” drop down to re-set it as the base color.
- To change the color the base color is blended with, change the hex value for the row and hit the “change” button. Default is white (FFFFFF) and black (000000).
Hit the “output hex” button to have the table below the palette display hexidecimal color values. Hit the “output RGB” button to display comma delimited RGB values.
Click the “save base” button to write the current base color to a cookie for safe keeping. You can call up the colors you’ve saved via the “view saved” button. From there you may set a saved color as the base, delete an individual color or delete all of the colors you’ve saved. Press the “cancel” button to take no action.
Older browsers & certain mobile platforms may not display the above generator correctly. If this is the case for you please use the following link to access the generator: Color Palette Creator